1. Belokrenitsky V.Ya. Formation and Present Condition of Pakistani Nation. Vostok (Oriens). 2019. No. 2. Pp. 76–91 (in Russian).
2. Belokrenitsky V.Ya., Moskalenko V.N. The History of Pakistan. 20th Century. Moscow: Kraft+, 2008 (in Russian).
3. Vanina E.Yu. India: History in History. Moscow: Nauka – Vostochnaia literatura, 2014 (in Russian).
4. Vasilyeva L.A. The Formation of Urdu Ghazal: the Origins of the Genre. Moscow: MBA, 2015 (in Russian).
5. Vasilyeva L.A. Poetry and Prose in Strange Lands. Emigrant Urdu Literature. Moscow: IV RAN, 2018 (in Russian).
6. Glebov N.V., Sukhochev A.S. Urdu Literature. Short Essay. Moscow: IVL, 1967 (in Russian).
7. Jamil Jalbi. Urdu adab ki tarikh. Delhi: Educational Publishing House, 1977 (in Urdu).
8. Faruqi, Shamsur Rahman. The Early Period of Urdu. Aspects of Literary Culture and History. Karachi: Aj Ki Kitaben, 1999 (in Urdu).
9. King, Christopher R. One Language, Two Scripts: The Hindi Movement in Nineteenth Century North India. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1994.
10. Rahman T. Language Planning and Politics in Pakistan. Research Report Series № 9. Islamabad: Sustainable Development Policy Institute, 1995.
11. Rahman T. Government Policies and the Politics of the Teaching of Urdu in Pakistan. The Annual of Urdu Studies. 2002. Vol. 17. Pp. 95–124.
12. Rahman T. Urdu and the Muslim Identity: Standardization of Urdu in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries. The Annual of Urdu Studies. 2008. Vol. 25. Pp. 83–107.