1. Abdelhay A., Makoni B., Makoni S., Mugaddam A. The Sociolinguistics of Nationalism in the Sudan: the Politicisation of Arabic and the Arabicisation of Politics. Current Issues in Language Planning. Abingdon: Routledge, 2011. Pp. 457–501.
2. Abdelhay A., Abu-Manga A., Miller C. Language Policy and Planning in Sudan from Local Vernaculars to National Languages. Multidimenstional Change in Sudan (1989–2011): Reshaping Livelihoods, Conflicts and Identities. New York: Berghahn, 2015. Pp. 263–280.
3. Abdel-Rahim M. Fourteen Documents on the Problem of the southern Sudan. Khartoum: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 1965.
4. Deng F. War of Visions: Conflict of Identities in the Sudan. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution, 1995.
5. Dhahawi S. The Politics of Language, Identity Construction and State-Building that Divided the Sudan into Two States: A Critical Analysis. Proceedings of 72nd the IIER International Conference. Melbourne: IIER Press, 2016. Pp. 10–17.
6. Malwal B. People and Power in Sudan – the Struggle for National Stability. London: Ithaca Press, 1981.
7. Manfredi S., Tosco M. Juba Arabic (Arabi Juba): a “Less Indigenous” Language of South Sudan, 2017. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320907949_Juba_Arabic_Arabi_Juba_a_less_indigenous_language_of_South_Sudan. (accessed: 01.02.2019).
8. Mugaddam A. An Overview of Language Policy and Planning in Sudan. Language Policy in Africa: Perspectives for Cameroon. Kansas: Miraclaire Academic Publishing, 2013. Pp. 179–192.
9. Proceedings of the Juba Conference on the Political Development of the Southern Sudan. Juba: Sudan Government, 1947.
10. Report of the Rejaf Language Conference. London: Sudan Government, 1928.
11. Rondyang H. The Role of Indigenous Languages in Southern Sudan: Educational Language Policy and Planning. London: University of London, 2007.
12. Sanderson L., Sanderson N. Education, Religion and Politics in Southern Sudan, 1899–1964. London: Ithaca, 1981.
13. Trimingham J. The Christian Approach to Islam in the Sudan. London: Oxford University Press, 1948.